Tuesday, January 02, 2007

PMS Tri

I may have just thrown away 53 dollars :-)

I signed up for a triatlon the 6th annual Power Maiden Sprint Triathlon... it takes place June 16th 2007. So I have no idea if I'm going to be in Texas that month. I don't have a bike right now and I don't know if I'm going to buy one... can you rent for a few months? Maybe I can get some kind of a deal. I won't have a car, so I guess I'll have to rent one to drive there... oh and the whole thing of even leaving base. I'm not sure where my restrictions are. I'll have to apply for leave because I'll be more than 150 miles from base... and that's only if I'm in Texas. But you know what, I have something to look forward to while I'm gone. And that will occupy some time and thought, and if nothing else I can work up a sweat, and get all exhausted so I don't have the energy to wonder about my kids at home. So if I've wasted 53 bucks then so be it. I have a goal!

Oh yeah, and I said my estimated 300 meter time is going to be 20 minutes, because I honestly have no idea how long it should take me to swim that long... but it is in a pool so that will be friendly for a first timer :-)

Happy new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! that's great!

my first tri had a pool swim too which was awesome. i gave an estimated swim time when i signed up, then practiced, got better, and resubmitted a new time closer to race day.

have fun training!

Dork From CTC said...

hehe I've already emailed the race director making sure I can submit a new estimate. I haven't ever timed myself for any amount of swimming let alone specifically 300 meters. yes, this is why they call me a dork! :-)