Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Since my new years resolution is to just make it through 2007 mentally and physically intact, knowing there are going to be a lot of hurdles to jump through, It only made sense that the first supposedly non-holiday day I go to the gym to find it closed until 9am. 9am is roughly an hour after I need to be at work :-( Oh well, can't I get some kudos for waking up early and peering through darkened windows, wistfully, wishing I had enough sense to check their holiday hours before dragging myself and my sister out at 530am?

So I feel as if I'm already behind for the year. I did do some pushups and situps last night, and I'm feeling it this morning. I'm so sad....

Happy new years to all!
Mine has actually started well, I got some extra time with my kids, and that is always a good thing... of course now I need to clean up the damage from all the extra trash and whatnot left in the wake of christmas. It has truely been a whirlwind of events that the kids haven't even opened their presents (unwrapped, but not disengaged from the store boxes)!
So that is on the agenda.

So next month it is, I go on an adventure that I will never forget. I am bracing myself to be strong for this. I was told by a very wise person yesterday that everything will be here for me when I get back. Nothing is ever going to change with my ex, or my kids... the mess, the chaos, and the unwavering love from my kids will be here when I get home, so don't worry about leaving. It is a drop in the bucket. I know that it is for the good of my family, and yes, my kids don't want me to go, and we are all sad over it, but in the end I'm the adult and I see the big picture better, so I need to be confident in my decision and just go. Make the most of it, and be the best that I can be. Then figure out the minor details as I go and follow my plans when I get home.
A house is definately in my future when I get home.

No comments: