Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Why did I think that masters swim teams were just for people over 40? Like you can only swim up to and through college, then hang out in lap swim until your 40th birthday? I realized today, because I'm a bit slow, that I've been reading about certain people's master swim workouts and such, and I realized that these people aren't over 40. They're dang better swimmers than me, but not old :-)
So I googled master swim teams for my area, and wouldn't you know it, they described themselves as being for people 18 and up. Their oldest member is in their 60's. And you don't have to be olypic elite either... so guess what I might be doing this week :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!! That is so cool!! I would love to do that but won't out for me for a bunch of reasons. Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

oh, and about the vaccine: yes, that is disappointing about being over the age range. i would suggest to definitely still mention it to your doctor and hopefully she or he or you will hear as soon as (if it happens, which i think it will but don't really actually know) it gets approved for older age groups.

take care!

Anonymous said...

hey, in regards to the bike/trainer incident-it's not just you.

i didn't set my bike/trainer up right and a drunk classmate tried it out, scratching/slightly denting my bike. SO, i don't THINK it's damaged but i am going to have someone glance at it when i bring my bike in to my spin class. SO, the point of all this is it is NOT just you. it wasn't easy to set up at all!