Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Equinox Marathon Bib Pick-Up

I went and got my race number and shirt last night. I've got a little more than a week left to make this happen. I'm getting nervous. I've let my training slip and I'm sure I'll be paying for it next Saturday.

I also got a snazzy water bottle whoo-hoo, I like new water bottles. The race shirt was an awesome blue, and moisture wicking, another whoo-hoo is in order.

My race number is 208. I immediately got a warm fuzzy feeling over this number, I couldn't explain it. I mulled it over on my way home, and didn't come up with anything. I had just a good feeling over this silly three digit number.

I was laying in bed after putting encoraging, loving notes in the kids' lunch boxes, we had done home work, baths, quick round of video games, and reading time. I still hadn't done my homework, but it hit me, the number 208 is the room number at the hospital when I gave birth to my youngest child. I've visited this room frequently after, since I work in the same hospital...

So the last childbirth, it was short, fast, and relatively painless compared to the first two... I wish I could be a prophet and say that compared to the first two marathons I started, that this third one will be quick, short and relatively painless as well. The third time is the charm, right?

Other than that, I start my communications class tonight. I've been putting that off for a very long time. I need to just bite the bullet and make it through the silly class. It is 3 hours 2 nights a week, but only through october.... so it is a shorter class... woo hooo (again!)

Have a good day all!

No comments: