Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Its The End of the World

Or at least the end of mine... I dropped my cell phone last night on the way out of the building. It must have hit just right to sever the little microfiber thingies (my IT high tech jargon, bare with me) that connect to the flip cover of my phone. So after much frustration, I've concluded I can use my phone if I guess where I am in the menus, and dial, and put it on speaker phone. I have no function of the ear piece, the drop down menus, the camera, or the alarm/time function unless I can guess my way through. I know my phone pretty well, but I won't bank being on time to work because of it.

So, I've been mulling over what to do. I've been wanting to get a PDA to accompany my phone, but now that my phone is no longer, I was thinking I should just go ahead and get the blackberry thingie (that jargon again). That way I hav the phone and PDA all in one... and you get almost a $200 discount for the 2 year contract... but ya know.... I sign two year contracts with them each time I get my phone anyway... I've been with them since before my husband and I divorced... actually the first phone I got from them was from my husband for my birthday as I was leaving... he was trying to buy me practical things to help me when I was independant of him, but supposedly he was "fighting" the divorce... (I'm fighting this, but here is a cell phone, and a tv/vcr for your new place, but please stay) Is that mixed messages for anyone else? Yeah I thought so, too... so lets see I've been with them for 6 years maybe more, now. So yeah, I'm debating hard on whether to spend the money... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

On another note, my speech went really well, I was told that I have confidance and the prof, appreciated the humor. We'll I get humerous when I'm a bit nervous. I started off being the 4th person (out of the 5 that showed up so it wasn't exactly a big crowd), he said we could have a 3 x 5 index card.... I was the ONLY one who wrote one up... the topic was an experience that totally changed our lives, what it was like before the change, after the change and during the change, was the change for the better or for the worse. I began, "Apparantly even while talking about myself, I need a 3 x5 index card...." I ended up just getting rid of the card, it was too tempting to just look at the safety of the blue lined white thick paper, with my scrawl on it... can any one read my handwriting? Yeah, me either.... So I put the card aside and continued on with my favorite topic: MY KIDS!!!!!!!! Who can't talk for 3-5 minutes about their kids. I have no idea how long I spoke for, he didn't comment on my time. But everyone else got a comment about theirs being too short... I'll have to be sure to use the clock at the back of the room when we get to the 25 minutes speeches.... one guy has a very thick dominican republic accent, and it takes considerable amount of concentration to keep with what he is saying... no fault of his, but it will be a challenge to follow along for almost a half hour. Ah well, it will make me a better listener that way. I imagine I need practice in that arena.

The race is this Saturday... so yeah, that ought to be fun. One of the Doc's I work for, came down to get his blood drawn at the end of the day yesterday and we got to talking about the race... he had mentioned that he was doing it so it came down to me telling him that yeah, I had done it in '03 and it took almost 8 1/2 hours... he was surprised... he said you look like you could do better than that... I said yeah, but I have kids and it is difficult for me to be consistant like I want to... then he went on to talk about our "local hero" that apparantly the whole community agrees is an @$$... well, come on people he is a laywer after all ( no offense to any pre-law/ law students) but he isn't known for being a nice guy, and he shows up to win... this doc made the comment that our "hero" is 37 and should know by now that he isn't going to the olympics this lifetime and needs to give it a rest (the ego thing). I'm not sure I'd agree. this guy pulls down some good time and well, maybe he might be on an improvement still, but I don't know. It isn't for me to say what one individual can or cannot do. Quite honestly I'm rooting for the underdog, cuz, I'm usually the underdog, myself.

dorkness OUT!

No comments: