Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Depressing Thought

This weekend, I have drill. After this weekend, there are only TWO drill weekends left before I leave. Time is pressing in on me, and making it hard to breathe. Will I get everything done in time. Will I have done enough with my kids so they don't miss me terribly while I'm gone? Will they be secure in this decision? Will I be able to convince my ex-husband that everything doesn't need to be a fight, and it is okay to not change custody while I'm gone because, really, I won't be gone all that long...?

Then of course there are a billion paperwork related things to do... anyone want to volunteer to do my taxes for me while I'm gone... they're super easy I promise :-)

If I want to buy a house while I'm gone, I need to gather the paperwork that should already be neatly filed away... HAHAHAH yeah, right! Like my paystubs, last 3 years of taxes plus W-whatever-you-get-at-the-end-of-the-year's (I know it is either a W-2, or a W-4), and such....

Now my next dilemma, should I buy season passes to the ski hill. By value alone it is totally worth it, but I am only here through Januaray, basically... so is anyone going to take them while I'm gone? If they get the hang of it well enough I'm sure grandma and grandpa T. will take them, they're retired military so they have access and such... but will it justify the $425 not counting rentals? This next month of boarding will tell me if it is worth it to buy them their own gear, but GAH aren't they just going to outgrow it before next season.... that's why it isn't worth it... I'm sure my kids will grow...someday :-)

Enough out of me... Happy Halloween to all of you, keep your candy bowls stocked, us parents who get to go out in the cold for hours will need the candy, after the kids go to bed...we sort, and "examine" the questionable pieces to make sure they're safe for our kids.... :-)

No comments: