Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I have a dream of someday owning my own home. Perhaps before we ring in the new year, I just might. I've found a home that really is what I'm looking for. It is a bit on the pricey end, for me anyway, but I've convinced S. to go in on it with me... it is so much better than his daughter being around my negative relatives, not to mention the incessant sniffles we seem to have only when we're exposed to cigarette smoke. Who would have thought that second hand smoke is bad for you. I'm especially aware of it around my "peak" training times... if you can call just being consistant a "peak" training time :-)
I do love my mom deep down, but we've never been compatible housemates. I moved out when I was 16, and was home as little as possible before that. I had a lot of extra curricular activities through the school, and friend's houses that I could hang out at.
So small doses do my mom and I wonders, we can't really stand each other for more than that. I like my space, my time, and my privacy... not like I ever do anything that requires privacy, but it is the thought. I like to know that if I put something somewhere, it will be ther when I go back to find it again, not moved by a well-meaning-tidy-upper.
So if you're spiritual, say a prayer for me, for this particular house... the big man will know which one, I'm sure... since I've been begging him for a few days now for it. I know deep down that if it was meant to be it will be, but at the same time the human-ness in me still feels the need to question authority.... even His. I don't want to jinx it so I won't post the pictures or anything. I really hope it works out. I feel like it should. Now is a good time, and it feels right.

Okay, I'm just trying to waste time before my movie starts. I'm going to see the Grudge 2.... so wish me luck on the drive home, in the dark, then sleep by myself... why do I insist on watching movies when I don't have any kids... oh yeah, because I'd rather spend time WITH the kids when I have them... ah well, I'll just have to suck it up and deal, be an adult, who can buy a house if they wanted to :-)
Dorkness OUT!
BTW don't forget the prayer, even if you pray to the football gods :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one of the reasons i'm in MA and not in school in NJ-it would have been silly for me not to live at home and my mom and I are much better off when we don't live together...

good luck with the house!