Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lights On

I noticed, as I was driving in the dark, on the way to work this morning, that the lights were on at the ski hill. I remember my mom telling me when we first moved here, that it was Santa's runway. Since we totally live close to North Pole, well in it actually, it was plausible piece of fun for an 8 year old.

But, now I'm itching to go and snowboard. I will probably go by myself the first time, rather sans kids, so I can get a feel for the proceedure of rentals, where everything is and how to manuver myself down the bunny hill a few times before trying to do that with 3 kids :-) I'm sure I could convince *someone* to come with me.... so I'm not completely alone, that is no fun, who will be there to laugh at me when I bite snow? And I'll have to have a photographer to capture my first time, to share with blogland!

I'm super excited to learn to do this. The only bad thing is I only get part of the winter... bummer, but when I come back from Texas, it will be only a short time before it is winter season again, just after the "Equinox Marathon vs. dork" rematch :-) You won't want to miss it!

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: