Friday, October 20, 2006

Smells Like Broccoli

For some reason it smells like broccoli in my work area. I've not eaten any, the xray lady hasn't either. I think it is a smell that is currently permeating through the hallways.

We had a health fair for employees here at the hospital. A coworker had discovered he had diabetes because of the health fair. I feel bad, he must be feeling discoraged. He wasn't his usual bouncy self, if you could call his usual self, bouncy.

Maybe we should all take a lesson from it. He isn't very old (same age as my parents, who are fairly young in their own rights), he is only barely overweight and he didn't have any symptoms. Those regular checkups folks, they're important to catch things early.

So, as I'm wagging a tootsie pop in his face, talking about how good this may be for all of us, we should all be more conscience of what we eat. I know I need to drop some weight for the military.

But still...

Now, I really want to get into my running more. I need to get started today, not tomorrow, but today. I'll bundle up my little one into her winter gear and put that jogging stroller I just had to have to good use. Even if it is just a quick 30 minutes, I need to do something.

Wish me luck. Sometime tomorrow I'll be pushing myself through a 2 mile time trial that is a week overdue for my coach to base my training paces off of. I'm hoping for around a 16:45, but I'm not in the shape that I'd like. We'll see. The goal is to get a feel for where I'm at, not where I want to be, right? I need to make this stick. I don't want to be the miserable one what everyone is waiting for to finish the O-course, because I can't get my fat butt over the wall, or something. :-)

I don't have negative self-image, not always anyway.

Sooooo.... have a good day all! Be kind to others even if they aren't kind to you.

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: