Friday, November 03, 2006

Apologies

Borrowed from Beth's Blog
Meanwhile, O, who had had an equally long and tiring day, was waiting at the track. He had just finished tutoring someone (way at the other end of Pittsburgh) and was driving straight to the track to meet me for the workout. Why in the world he would do that I'm not so sure. What I am sure of though is the fact that if the tables were turned, I would have probably been at home on the couch under a big blanket with hot cocoa! :) What I'm also sure of is the fact that nothing important in life can be accomplished without the love and support of others in your life. It's just too hard. And I won't ever believe that someone becomes successful by themselves. There are always a lot of unselfish people behind the scenes that get them there.

This is a nice display of thanking someone for going above and beyond for you. Talk of unselfish people made me realize that I am, infact a selfish person. That was made obvious last night, but really didn't sink in until this morning. So.....
I'm Sorry
I'm sorry for making you worry, I'm sorry for not telling you I wasn't coming right over, I'm sorry that I'm not better at articulating when I'm upset, about what I'm upset about; I'm sorry that I turned your generosity and hospitality away. I'm sorry that I blamed you for things that couldn't possibly be your fault or even in your control. I'm sorry I didn't just say "I'm Sorry" when you first got ahold of me. I'm sorry that I didn't realize I didn't have my cell phone on me, because I would have answered it if it had been on me. I'm sorry that I approached the whole situation with indifference. I'm sorry that I got angry and defensive, then sarcastic and hurtful as the night progressed. I'm very sorry.
If I ever write a book, I will totally dedicate it to you because you cared about me enough to search the ditches for me and my car even after just 15 minutes of being missing. I'm sorry for not seeing things through your eyes. I'm also sorry I ruined your dinner, since I'm assuming it was your full plate of food on the table when I picked up our daughter. I can't say it enough and it just may be too late to make a difference any way. I'm very sorry for being a selfish jerk.

No comments: