Monday, November 06, 2006

Buff Girl

Yep, that's me Ms. Buff... not to be mistaken for the other blonde... buffy the vampire slayer... I'm kinda fond of vampires, since it is my "day" job, which really is kind of ironic because most vampires come out at night... *sigh* the beauty of living in Alaska where it is perpetually dark, even during the day :-) Oh right back to what I was saying. This past weekend was drill weekend... yay. I got no weekend, but these days of pretending I'm in the military, and I'm the only one in civilin clothes, but they set time aside for me to work out so I can be physically ready for basic... so seriously: I GET PAID TO WORK OUT.... so I'm excited about that, well who wouldn't... that is as close to being a professionl athlete I may ever get!

However, there is a guard marathon team I can try out for... I'll do that in few years.... you know, after I learn how to be fast :-)

Oh yeah, I'm still off track aren't I? I decided that I was going about the pull up idea all wrong... I don't need to do low weight, high rep for my upper body, because I don't need to do 40 pullups. I only need to do 5! So I changed it up and on the lat pull, I pulled 110 lbs... now that obviously isn't my full weight, but it is more than the wimpy 70 pounds I've been doing... so I did 2 sets of 5 of 90 pounds
1 set of 2 of 110 pounds
then on the assisted pull up machine I did:
1 set of 5 at 110 pounds
1 set 10 at 70 pounds

That may be small fry type of stuff to most, but I'm proud of myself for pushing myself.

Also I did a bunch of cardio

saturday 20 mins on the TM
35 mins on the elliptical

sunday 30 mins on the elliptical
10 mins on the recumbant bike

then add a bunch of weights and abs and pushups and lunges and stuff, yeah no wonder I'm a bit tuckered out this monday! :-)

I saw Santa Claus 3 on Saturday evening... it was cute even thought I wasn't really in a jolly mood. Stay for the outtakes people, its a Tim Allen movie, so naturally there are outtakes.

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: