Monday, June 26, 2006

Day Off

So Sundays are days off of running. I pretty much took the day off from all other things as well. Saturday morning my mom told me she and dad were going to Anchorage to fish with the drunks from Thursday's post. YAY! But oh there are still two men left behind. Okay.

I go into the house Saturday after the movie and track workout and the men are pretty much staring at a package of chicken legs, it is totally frozen. They ask me some crazy questions about how to load the dishwasher, where is the soap, how do you open the cupboard (child locks apparantly work for full grown men, too). I decide to just shoo them out of the kitchen and make dinner for them. I am a sucker, and perhaps their master plan worked. I know a long lineage of women do the helpless act, and need a knight in shining armor to save them, I can't help but feel I got duped into doing the "womanly duties" I was mildly resentful of this. I could have made something quick and easy for the kids and they would have been fed much sooner. I find them snacks to eat while I go about trying to quick thaw the completely frozen chicken that they had actually just taken out and set on the counter to thaw, and had actually planned on eating it that night! KRAZY!

By the time the chicken is almost ready it is nearing 9pm. I snag some microwavable popcorn and usher the kids out to our casa. We pop up the corn throw on a movie and chill sanz drunk male adults. I take a deep breath, and know tomorrow is another day...

I make hot dogs because I can't find the chicken that was supposed to be left over. I guess I didn't look for it in the FREEZER, goodness what was I thinking? So mac and cheese for lunch, and I pull the chicken from the freezer and put in in the oven to pretty much recook it for dinner, again. The kids end up eating some chicken and some hot dogs. Even an hour in the oven doesn't get it all the way warmed up. I threw a few pieces in the microwave with the hot dogs. Little stove top, little baked beans, and some applesauce and we are all set. I clean up the little messes the kiddos made then tell the men that the food is ready for them. I sigh some relief when I noticed this morning that someone had cleaned the kitchen, and I hope to god it wasn't my mother at 2am when she probably got home!

Speaking of 2am. I wanted to wake up at 3... but dork we are speaking of 2, not three... Yeah, I know but bear with me. I try to lay down around 8. I get a call on my cell, it said private caller, private number. I decide not to answer and let the voice mail pick up. I had just fallen asleep when somone kicked the blinds... must be my youngest. She has been working my buttons all weekend to find the right combination to see what will get me completely unhinged. As I fall asleep about every 45 minutes, some thing wakes me up. I lay for a long time staring at the ceiling. This goes on until about 2 am. I am frustrated and know that I shouldn't run at 3. I debate actually getting up and running when the alarm goes off every 8 minutes for an hour an a half. I decide to reset the alarm to 7. I get a call from S. at around 6:40. We chat a few minutes and graciously he lets me go back to sleep. I don't think I sleep. I think that the little button pusher has a foot race she is going to try on Tuesday, and I don't know where her running shoes are. Should I try to find them tonight in storage, or should I just go to the px and buy some there? My son needs more socks again, so maybe I'll swing by and see the shoe selection. Maybe while I'm there I can find a decent pair of shoes for S. I'm thinking it is time for him to get a new pair too. He says no, but I know better than he :-)

So I guess I will be trying to run tonight from 9-midnight for my long run. I'll put the kids to sleep and let my mom know what's up so if there is any problems... which I'm sure there won't be, any.

Man I'm tired today. I need to go to rehab and get my race refund (physical therapy, not alcohol/drug rehab). The official results for the MSR came in and mine wasn't any different. So 1:12:24.23 for a 10K. My mile trial is this Thursday and My half marathon is on the 8th... so I'll be looking forward to all of that :-)

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: