Monday, June 26, 2006

Fortune Cookie

My fortune in my cookie would have been one that I should have called ahead to the restaurant to get:

You shouldn't overspend at the moment. Frugality is important.

So after I order the food, I get that. Huh. But that just tells me I need to find the box of shoes in storage for my daughter and find which box all the stupid socks ended up at. I did, however, reserve a room for the end of July. I am going on a mini-vacation for a weekend down in Anchorage. I'd hate to end up not having a room on base because you really can't reserve those in advance, and well, camping just isn't a vacation for me. That is a fun activity to do with the family, but not relaxing for me at all. For crying out loud you all heard about me just trying to cook in a real kitchen, imagine how it would be without a kitchen... or a microwave!

I emailed my supervisor and told her I couldn't work the 30th of July. I normally don't work Sundays but at the beginning of the summer I volunteered for several sunday night shifts though August. So she was naturally confused making sure I didn't mean June 30th, a friday and a day I normally work. I confirmed it was in fact July and she said I wasn't on the schedule and all is well. So one less thing to do! Yay, I get a mini-vacation. I've been kind of planning it for a few months now, some time away from the locals before I head off to basic. Also I don't plan on going alone... I'll leave it at that.

I hope everyone is having a stellar Monday. I took my thermogenics and I feel flush... tee hee... I decided instead of taking them before breakfast and lunch today, I'll take them before lunch, then dinner, that way I won't feel so wiped out after soccer practice and I'll have a good chance at actually going out for my run. I wonder if anyone will be awake when I come back so I can take an ice bath. Ohhh doesn't that just sound inviting? My shins are still aching me a bit.

I am getting ready for the Santa Claus Half Marathon. I'm a bit nervous for this one. I've yet to have a "good" race with this one. Mainly because I've yet to toe the line prepared for the distance. I signed up for the later start just incase I actually finish under 2:30. If you start at the 8am time you are automatically assigned a 2:30 time. That sucks, but really they don't stop taking finishing times until 12:30, so I have 3 1/2 hours to finish even at the later start, so what do I have to lose by the late one, and I gain another hour to hydrate and eat!

Okay, enough from me for now. I'll nibble some more on my chinese food, it took me over an hour just to make it down to the reception area to pick it up... they all ordered too, and were all done eating... so I nibble all day, no biggie, I don't mind cold food!

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: