Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Looking Ahead

I'm sitting here thinking about what my pace needs to be for the mile this Thursday. Ultimately I would LOVE to be able to run a 7 minute mile, will I? Probably not. I don't think that I have one that fast in my legs, quite yet. I'm kicking myself a bit here, wishing I had taken my dieting seriously earlier than now. 8 pounds lighter would definately make me a little faster... But alas I have what I have. I would like to prove to myself that I can go faster than the one gear I have been going. I want to break through a mental barrier that says that 9 1/2 minute miles is all I am capable of.

For now, all I can do is go into it with an optimistic attitude and see where I'm at. I know I am better than the 14:14 1.5 mile from a few weeks ago. I know I can do better than what I am showing. I need to inch my way down to that 14:59 2 miler and 10:55 1.5 miler to get my warhawk award. Of course knowing when I'm going would tell me how much time I have to prepare. Part of me wishes that I could push it off another month or two, instead of trying to go around the 3rd week of August. What will be, will be. I am merely here for the scenery.

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: