Sunday, June 25, 2006

Did I say Fun?

Perhaps I was a bit mistaken about those 800 repeats. Fun isn't exactly what I'd call them. I hit my splits on the first and second repeats with admittedly more than allotted rest time in between. The third was way off, and the fourth last ditch effort was off, but not as bad as the third. I gave up after the fourth and decided to play tag with the kids. I realized then how tired I was when I was having a hard time out sprinting my 4 year old. She is fast, and well, after draining my legs of blood and filling them with lactic acid, she tagged me... oh how embarrassing!

My repeats were

1st 800 4:12

2nd 800 4:07

3rd 800 5:55

4th 800 4:32

Since the requested workout was 5-6 repeats in 4:15>>4:10, the second one was too fast. I momentarily had it wrong in my head. I don't think the work out was too hard for me. I think it is mentally challenging to run on a track. I feel like I'm going so slowly on the track it is mind boggling to me, and my legs feel dead and awkward. So to get better at track running, I need to do more of it, and get used to feeling the burn in my lungs from a fast effort rather than falling prey to the comfort of long slow distances. If I'm going to get fast I need to step it up. Now is a good time to do that!

No comments: