Friday, June 23, 2006

Putting Myself Out There

So, in the series of races I like to run, one of them is a mile on a track that I have successfully avoided until this year. I didn't run in high school. I tried out for shot put because my mom thought I had asthma and mistakenly believed that I couldn't run. Actually I didn't even get to the try outs. We were learning form to comprehend what would be expected of us during tryouts so one one got hurt. The coach laughed at me, and pretty much told me to try running because this was obviously not for me... awww. Well can't run, can't throw... what else is there... oh yeah isn't that the summer I got pregnant :-)

Yeah besides bad high school decisions, I don't know the first thing about running track races, other than you go counter clockwise... Luckily the race will be done in time for me to be present in my pink jersey for the girls' soccer picture. I guess as the coach I'm expected to be IN the picture.

But I am a bit nervous of this race. I'm not fast by any stretch of the imagination. I am afraid of literally making a fool of myself. But I am going to do it, fool or not. It won't be the first time I've felt stupid. I emailed the race director and they are always happy to see more people show up. I think it is free, too. Just sign up and run your four laps when they say go, then go!

Okay, so we shall see how that goes. It is going to happen next Thursday. *deep breath*

Okay, have a good weekend all!

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: