Thursday, July 27, 2006

Coming up

I'm starting to get excited about this trip. Part of me can't help but think that it is a lot of fuss for a 5 hr marathon. But it is a 6hr drive whether I run it in 2 or 18 hours... believe me I'm hoping it doesn't turn into 18!
I moved hotel reservations to a hotel that is closer, less ghetto, and still has a pool. In Alaska, in the summer, you're going to get priced gouged no matter where you stay. So if you're already spending more than you want, you might as well feel safe!
I figure if I'm 2 blocks from the start/finish then it would be easier for my sister to not have to drive me to the start, and I won't have to walk all over down town. And we'll have 4 kids with us aged 9,7,4, & 3... sleep for them is good. Grumpy kids and really put a damper on a trip.
I am also thinking a nicer hotel is possibly a quieter hotel. Further up from the ground floor, and thicker walls! That makes for a happier marathoner.
School for the kids starts the day after the Marathon, so going to a bigger town to get some of the shopping out of the way will be a way to spend time and be practical. I hear there is also a water park, but if we can swim for free at the hotel, that may be the way to go. All I care about is being able to eat the foods that will agree with me. So if we end up at Chuck E. Cheese's then NO PIZZA for me, being how the first and most plentiful ingredient seemed to be grease the last time we were there. While I'm a big fan of greasy food, we learned that I don't run very well with it. I think there is an Olive Garden down there and that may be a good idea for dinner rather than try to hit the surely-t0-be-overcrowded-pasta feed held by the race. Also we don't want to be out too late, or else I don't want to be.
All in all I've got about 20 days to go, and I'm getting a little anxious and excited and whoooo! Yeah!!!!!!!
Okay so enough from me, you all have a good day!
Dorkness OUT!

No comments: