Thursday, July 13, 2006

Show Off

At the same time as my son's camp there was another called Operation Purple. It was for kids who have a parent deployed. Their other parent, if wanted came with. They had a mock deployment and got to eat MRE's and go on hikes and learned a lot about what it means to be deployed. So at dinner, all the camps eat in the same hall at the same time, there was a girl scout camp as well. I got shown off to several people. It seems my son has combed through everyone he could find to find people in my unit and tried to figure out if they knew me... "She is a medic, she works in the clinic." So funny.

I guess there was a squirrel problem in his camp. He told me that a squirrel stole his trail mix. His den mother said that for about a day and a half he had tried to convince people that the squirrel had stolen his uniform because he really couldn't find it. The den mother said we were pretty sure about the trail mix, but a bit leary about the uniform. Since he was wearing the uniform when I picked him up, I guess the squirrell will have to try to snag one next year :-) The den mother said that she had seen a squirrell run by with a whole candy bar. So funny!

I seem to be redundant with the so funny-s so I'll stop typing until my brain has feeling again.

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: