Monday, July 03, 2006

Eeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!!!!!

I flipped my calendar page up... I have the three month view, last month, this month, next month.... Marathon is written and circled on next month's calendar! Holy crap, time flies by so quickly. That only reinforces even more that I need to get in that final push to train more consistantly. I know that soon after my marathon rendevouz, that I'll be boarding a plane to Texas to test myself in whole different ways. I cannot get injured during my marathon. That is very important. I want the worse case scenerio to be that my legs are tired and I fail my first PT test. Then I can progress normally and totally kick ass at the end of basic. That is what needs to happen... but for every journey many steps are taken, none can be missed, or else your destination will not be reached. I need to be taking those little daily steps to ensure my body is ready for the stress of a marathon, back to back, with basic... then going out of basic I want to do the Freescale marathon down in Texas... since I'll be there anyway... but of course, all of this hinges on WHEN AM I GOING?????

When you're government, or military employed, you gotta love all the built in days off. But when you need something from someone and can't get it, because they have the day off, you're not very happy... but you wouldn't trade your own days off to get something done for someone else... so then you have to indulge in your own happiness that if it were you, and one day it will be, you'll have that day off, and it is okay that you won't know when you're going to basic until at the least, Wednesday. But man the anxiety is killing me...

Okay.... its alright and I will be doing that run this evening come hell or high water! Actually I've been toying with the idea of running in the flood contorl area, on the dykes and such... it is where the Santa Claus 1/2 marathon is going to be so.... oh yeah, and it is relatively flat while inside of it!

Dorkness OUT! again

No comments: