Sunday, July 09, 2006

In a Hurry

I'm at the parent-in-laws dropping off my son so they can take him out to his boy scout camp. Three days without him. That makes it a short week for me because he has to go back to his dad's on Friday :-(

But I'm taking type to type this up, dumb huh? My mom is freaked out about me being on her computer because somehow my dad's cc# got stolen by some one in France or who spent 2300 dollars over there.... scary, but anyway, again I'm off topic.

The 1/2 was yesterday. I grossly overestimated my abilities... I ran hard, and I had to take a bathroom break around the 4th mile. I had to pee again as we were lining up, there was no hope of a last minute potty break. darnit!

So I was going along well, I'll add the mile posts later. I'm pleased with myself. I didn't give up, but I did have to adjust my time goals as I went, I got slower and slower.

I finished in 2:39:51.5 It wasn't nearly as fast as I would have loved to have, but when I come back next summer from basic and all that, I'll get my revenge on this race :-)

And overall, I had an almost 9 minute PR out of it from the last time I ran it in 2004.

2003 - 3:22:45.8

2004 - 2:48:44.8

2006 - 2:39:51.5

Of course in 2003 this race was after the 16.5 downhill leg killer rather than before it like 2004 and again this year. Yay!

So exactly a PR of 8:53.28

Thanks for my cheering section. S., My mom and Grandma J., and my kids who stood right at the little santa at the 13 mile mark who ran in with me. Boy at the end of a race that has you all tuckered out, it is a great sight to see, your kids all standing together trying to stay out of the way of other runners. As it was my 4 y.o. almost cut me off causing me to almost trip on her. Whew!

Yay, I feel good today. My kids ran a cold bath for me, they arrived a few minutes before me, back home. I guess they were trying to tell grandma that they needed to add ice to it. I'm glad they didn't. That was my first cold bath following a run. It didn't take too long before I had to jump out. My legs ached so bad because of the cold, and I think it probably helped me out. I feel pretty good today. Minor quad soreness, and a tightness right in my left hip. Not quite a IT band thing. Not sure what it is, but ah, I don't really care right yet.

Hope the rest of you are having a great weekend, btw, I got my weather served up just as requested. Overcast, no rain, and 60-65 temps. It was, however, a bit more humid than I had wanted, but I actually didn't verbalize the humidity factor. It really isn't a problem much up here in AK.

K Bye!

Dorkness OUT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your PR and your fan support!! That's so fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow... I'm impressed. If it were up to me, whether I'm pregnant or not, I choose the walk rather than the run. I'm a lazy git like that. Congrats on your time. You'll only get better. :-)

Anonymous said...

grats on the run time! one of these days maybe you could do a short run and I can tag along! After you come back or something eh?