Friday, July 21, 2006

Long Days

Busy, busy, busy... Yesterday right after work I headed across town to register for the race I'm running this Sunday. Then I went straight to my daughter's game. I was sweating just standing there, poor girls had to run in the 80°F heat. From there I got my youngest (D.) from her daddy because she wanted to come to dinner with me at my X-hubby's parents house. The x's other two kids were there as well. I realize sometimes how fortunate I am in the way my own children behave and talk respectfully to one another(most times). Then I headed home and let D. eat a green popcicle. Then we went inside and I put in a movie for her and we shared some popcorn and hot tamales. Then S. stopped by and by then D. had fallen asleep. It was 1030 after all. We sat and talked for a bit. After he left, I was lying in bed ready to fall asleep. But it was gnawing at me that I hadn't run yet. So at 1115pm, I got out of bed put on my running clothes and shoes; stopped at my car and coated myself with bug spray; started my watch and headed out. Ouch, those shin splints decided to come back - stupid soccer games :-)
So it was dim out, the sun had set, but the horizon was still bright with pink clouds. Sometimes I love living in Alaska! So my heart wasn't really into the run, I took some walk breaks, for no apparant reason. So it ended up being 31:06 and only 2.3 miles. But the idea isn't to break a world record. The fact that I went out, and completed the run is one more step towards making it a habit. 21 days to make a habit, and studies show that after 40 days of exercise efforts the 41st day will seem unbelievably easier. So I'm going to keep plugging along!
Then tonight after work, the elder two kids (C. and E.) have their appointments at the counselor's. Then we need to buy a b-day present for one of the girls on E.'s soccer team. Then my neice and nephew are coming over for the night. Then tomorrow morning the kids and I are running a mile long race that preceeds a parade, then we'll sit and watch the parade, then we go to the birthday party... whoa! When did I get so busy? Oh well, time goes by fast, doesn't it?

So hoping everyone has a great weekend!
Dorkness OUT!

No comments: