Thursday, July 06, 2006

Expectations

I try to not have expectations. Things never quite turn out the way you expect them to. That doesn't need to be taken negatively... I just try to go with the flow. I don't always succeed with this plan, but oh well.

Today has been a strange one. I still haven't heard back about when I'm leaving... and I'm a little stressed at the thought of picking up and leaving on short notice. I emalied the boss ladies and told them that I may not be able to give them as much notice as I had once hoped.

I had a large line of people this morning when I opened up... and my computer froze on me... well it is hard to order blood tests and print out the neat-o stickers to put on the tubes... so I drew patients while trying to fix the computer, or at least get it to turn off so I could reboot it... finally that worked. It just made for a crazy morning, not bad, but felt busier than it needed to.

I forgot my daughter's soccer shirt this morning. Oh well, I know we have extras. I'm sure she will be a little sad that she has to wear a temporary shirt, but I don't have enough time to go all the way out to North Pole, and back before a 6pm game.

I am going to get back to trying to do my homework. If I have to leave on short notice, I don't want to be worried about trying to get this class done last minute, rather than hang with the kids.

*Update. The education office just called me back. The earliest date that they have available for basic to line up with my class is September 18th... hmmm I might get to run the Equinox afterall :-) Maybe not if I have to leave Tuesday or Wednesday before basic actually starts.

Ah well.

I'm going to continue on with my strangely off day. Hope everything is going well with all of you!

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: