Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Impatient

I seriously cannot wait until August 4-5. Why such a date would intrigue me? Well perhaps it would put an end to the if/then statements. Like IF I were to go to the October 2nd basic date, then I'd be in the November 20th Tech school, that would give me uhhhh.... lets see... 15 weeks from basic graduation to the Freescale Austin Marathon. Okay, so I would have to build mileage by x amount each week, to facilitate some kind of taper... will I be allowed to work in my long runs? I wonder how long the "long run" or road marches get in basic... probably not long enough.

Then again, what if I end up in a later date? Ah, well, I'm obviously bored. I've been using blogarithm to consolidate all the updated journals I read, so I waste less time searching for those scarce few that actually took the time to immortalize part of their every day events for the every day person to read and wonder.... is my life cooler than theirs, are they leaving out the REALLY boring stuff... you know, that they spent 45 minutes searching for that other sock after matching up all of them, only to realize that one doesn't have a mate... where could that sock have gone off to? Do they search inbetween the washer and dryer? When people move, do they actually clean the drip guards in their stoves, or just go out and buy more? I heard that if you cover them with tin foil then there is no mess to clean, just foil to throw away. If we were going to put protective covering on everything to keep from "using" it, then why have it in the first place?

I just have too much time on my hands today, I really can't explain it. The computers were up this morning, but the computer application that makes this hospital go 'round was down... so down time paperwork it is... which is quite cumbersome when you're in the lab... you have to write down ALL the tests on the little tube, along with the patients first name, last name, middle initial, their date of birth, your initials, and the time and date it was drawn. Everyone should take a field trip down to your local lab. Ask to see a tube used for blood collection. Please take your time to marvel at the amazing space they give you to write on a sticker... then ask (very politely) if you could take a moment to try to write on that cylindrical shaped tube, in microscopic fine print... it is okay the techs have microscopes if you manage to write too small! :-)

I drove around this morning, I had an extra few minutes. I tried to guess where my ex-husband is moving to with his family. I guess it is cool, if the kids finally don't have to share rooms anymore. Still I feel a bit of pang of something not nice when I think of it, so I won't think of it. Instead I'll dream of the awesome house I'll be able to buy all by myself when I come back from training. It will be exciting to know that I can do things like a big girl, all by myself, toilet paper, wiping, and flushing, mommy wow! I'm a big kid now!!!!

I guess I'll go back and read more on nutrition for active people, wait, just after I brush away the peanut butter cookie crumbs from my keyboard. I guess that is why you aren't supposed to eat over your computer... ah well.

Happy Trails, all!

Dorkness OUT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 0 idea what a drip guard is and you can rest assured I am most certainly not cleaning one when I move out of here tonight. Uh uh. But I don't think I'm the standard anyone should follow. I'm having an allergy attack from all of the dust in my place and I warned my friends about all the dust before they come over tonight...

How excited about your upcoming training!!!! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

geez lady! which of these blogs do you update? I have to pee fyi