Thursday, July 13, 2006

Too Much Fun

I'm sitting here at work, poking the left side of my nose. It is numb, along with the rest of my left cheek/ear/temple area, but it is simply just more fun to play with the left half of my nare. I went to the dentist early this morning... why did I think that was a good idea? The hygenist must have been new. She didn't check my chart to see what we were doing and prepped me wrong.... ooops. So quick fix and they got to work... at one point I was left alone for long enough to doze off. I started to gurgle or something that was dangerously close to a snore. I thought it was odd that I could sleep hard enough to potentially snore, but at the same time light enough to hear it... weird. My face itches.... ick. So now I am at work, praying we don't get busy because it feels as if my mind is half numb as well.

So I will reflect on yesterday. I turned in my paperwork sometime during the day and caught the elevator with a girl who used to work in the lab and now is in respritory therapy. We got on with a security guard, a nurse, and a large table with a metal frame, a blue table cloth looking thing draped over it and clamped into the frame. It looked like something you'd use in a magic show... I thought to ask what was on the table, but resisted. I assumed it was a bunch of insturments used for surgery or something. Me and the girl with the cake, that she held up pretty high over the table, got off. She said, we should have waited for the next elevator... just something about riding down with a corpse, just didn't suit her...

What?!?!?! Boy I never would have guessed. I could have gone my whole life just not knowing. I didn't realize that was part of the security guards job descriptions was to excort a nurse and a dead person down to the morgue. I was perversely intrigued. I don't think I would have cared either way, except if I were the one bringing food with me... that doesn't seem right for some reason.

After work I drove an hour out of town to find my son at Lost Lake, he had a scouting camp there. It was cool. I got there as everyone was in line for dinner. Little scouts get mess hall training before military, how cute... they'll be good soldiers at food time! :-) I wasn't all that hungry since I had finished my lunch only 90 minutes earlier. I picked at what the kids didn't eat, just to taste it....Ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, bread, cranberry sauce(my son was in heaven with that!), and a brownie.

After dinner we went to my son's tent... surprisingly he was pretty much all packed up! His tent mate was a bit less so, and the kids next door weren't at all, what a mess! I passed another tent that was empty except for a pair of cartoon boxers :-)

Grandma and Grandpa left. I guess grandpa wasn't feeling well. I thank them for getting there before me and bringing my daughter so I didn't have to take the extra stop and delay my arrival even more.

My son takes me and his sister down to where the bonfire will be. We have an hour before they start, so we walk down to the lake. Oh it looked so inviting. I guess you have to pass a swim test, AND have a swim buddy to go with before you can even cross the roped off area to get any where near the water.... what a good system.

We go to the campfire and sing songs and watch skits... it was soo cute and the adults/teenagers that helped put it together were great as well.

On the way home the kids settled down and were asleep by the time we made it home.

I laid on my bed debating if I should just sleep or get up and run. I asked the kids what I should do.... hmmmm My son said I should get more exercise... my daughter said sleep. Hmmm can anyone else see differences in their personalities from that?

I decide to go out and go for at least half of the run, get started and see how I feel. The kids put in a movie and I told my mom what was up. I headed off and soon realized that all the mosquito spray I put on at camp were on my clothes more than my skin, so I was as good as going without... darnit. 22 minutes in, I couldn't cope any more... the harder I tried to out run them, the warmer I got, the more I atracted them, but when I walked they swarmed, and I was smacking 5 and 6 off my legs at a time... ick!

So overall it ended up being less time that I was supposed to do, but I was impressed that I went after a full day of work, dr appt, driving 2 hours, campfire, small hike, and it was after 10 at night! So I call it a victory.

45:33.74

3.775 mi

12:004 ave pace (pretty sad)

So there you have it, quite a day yesterday. I'm hoping today isn't so busy, but we've got soccer game tonight, and a promise of playground time after it. I wonder if I am going to eat something today or not? Hmmm....

Dorkness OUT!

No comments: