Monday, July 24, 2006

Rock On

On a side note, after the mile race with the kids was a raffle... all bib numbers were entered automatically... really cool!

My daughter's number was pulled. She selected a water bottle

My son's number was pulled. I selected the 1 month free Tae Kwon Do + uniform coupon for him, knowing it was what he would have wanted.

My number was pulled. I selected the other water bottle to give to D. But, she promptly hollered out (whined, really, since she needed a nap!) "But I don't want the water bottle, I want the rock!"

Everyone around laughed and she went up and grabbed a rock, the rocks, of course weren't the prizes they were there to hold down the coupons in case of a gust of wind.

At the end of the raffle the announcer said if we stayed around for a few more minutes, he'd raffle off the rest of the rocks :-) our running community is awesome!

So now that I've written it down in here it can be a permanent memory for us and for her very first race!

Dorkness OUT!

Oh yeah, she decided she wanted the water bottle too, after a few minutes :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She wanted the rock... :-) I think that's cute.